If you are aged 75 years and over and live at home, you are eligible for an annual healthcare assessment.
An annual healthcare assessment will identify ways you can improve your health and well being. In other words, it will help you maintain your independence at home and in your community.
The annual health check includes:
- A thorough assessment of your health and well being
- A measurement of your blood pressure, pulse rate and heart rhythm
- A review of your medications
- A discussion about your social supports
- Any healthcare concerns or other needs that you may have.
In addition, our nurse will work closely with you and your General Practitioner to co-ordinate necessary follow up consultations or supports. As health assessments are government funded, the service is bulk billed and therefore provided at no cost.
Speak to our practice manager or your doctor to see if a health assessment is right for you.